You never know what you had until it is gone. I have heard that comment sometime in my past - not sure exactly when, but that is certainly a reality in my life at the moment.
Several years ago, I limped around, had constant knee pain, used a cane to navigate and generally experienced a 'USED' feeling where knees and legs were concerned. Then Dr. Jeffrey Pierson did his magic on my knees, assisted I might add by my very good friend, Dan England and all the misery I had with bad knees was history. Unfortunately I forgot what it was like to move around with difficulty.
WELL - now I am remembering. Ten days ago, I fractured a metatarsal in my right foot. I heard the snap and thought "oh great, I think that just broke". With minimal swelling and just a little pain I figured I would be wasting the Doctor's time and my money to go get a x-ray. It didn't seem to get better so, two days ago, I saw Dr. O'Connor and now you know the rest of the story - I am paying the price.
Now I am trying to get around on crutches which on a 1-10 difficulty scale - for me is about an 8. Not good. So I am learning to be more thankful. Thankful for bones in one piece that a person can walk on.
Now I know what I had - and it is gone!
2 comments:
I am so very sorry...Bette! I saw that you had lovely "assistive devices" last night, but didn't know what as wrong. What a bummer! I'll pray for quick recovery!!! Hope to see you tonight!
That's too bad. Be sure to rest and let that foot heal. No more stacking wood!
Post a Comment