Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grandparents Day at J B Stephens Elementary

It was Grandparents Day at J B Stephens in Greenfield this week. Grandpa and I went to school to be with Klaudia. We were so excited to be with her and she had two of her friends join us, Marisa & Sarah. These girls were not able to have their grandparents with them, so we were happy to have them with us. Mrs. Matthias, Klaudia's teacher explained what would happen during our visit. And then we were on our own with the 1st graders. What a delight.

Here is Klaudia smiling for Grandma while her friends read their book.

Grandpa, Grandma, Klaudia and our adopted friends, Marisa and Sarah toured the classroom. They showed us the eggs in the incubator which will be soon be chicks. We saw the grass and flowers they have planted and are watching the growing process. We checked out the class calendar, also the green, yellow & red cards which Klaudia explained the purpose of these to us. After saying hello to the caterpillars we went on a tour of the school with the girls.

Outside the library, they read their Important Books to us that they had written. We visited the Office, Computer lab, Gym, Cafe' and Playground. We had a really fun visit with Klaudia and her friends.

Grandpa gave up the walking through the school process shortly after it started and waited for the Grandmother (on crutches I might add) outside the library on a comfortable bench. Grandma then raced, well that is a relative term, as racy as I could on crutches around J B Stephens. Then after returning the girls to their classroom, thanking Mrs. Matthias for letting us visit I collected Grandpa and collapsed in the car to recover. Just kidding, sort of.

It was a wonderful time with Klaudia. She is a special little girl.

I had a great picture of Klaudia I was going to show you, but blogger is acting strange and won't let me, and the balance of my Grandparents Day blog will remain pictureless. Sorry Klaudia!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Looks like great fun...Klaudia is sure a cutie and I know that she enjoyed having you all there with her on such a special day!