Thursday, April 24, 2008

When will it Rain???

I'm looking for rain. I check every day. I look every morning at the sky. All I see are beautiful, sunny days. I need rain. Well I guess I should qualify - Why - I need rain.

As everyone is aware, a 5.2 earthquake hit southeastern Illinois on the 18th of April 2008. Well like many others in Central Indiana, I fell it and I survived the '08 earthquake. There was some minor damage to my home from that earthquake.

The quake hit as Lee and I were in the kitchen preparing to leave for work that morning between 5:30 - 6:00am. I stopped and asked what was that? Lee didn't have an answer, the noise and movement stopped and we went to work. Later that day when I turned on the kitchen light, there was a small problem - it was dim. So I looked up and wow! Houston, (aka Lee) we have a problem!!! The movement of the house during the quake shook the kitchen light loose as you can see.

There was debate between my husband and I as to how to fix this problem. At the time I was on crutches and unable to get on a ladder to help him. Kids contacted were very busy with many activities. After Dr. O'Connor finally released me from crutches, we decided that we would do it ourselves since I am ladder able.

Now as to why I need rain! This dear sweet man I am married to reaches a certain point in the year when it is "outside time". In other words, he spends his days outside, working in the flower beds, mowing, working in his garden and at times just riding around our property in his golf cart.

To take time to fix earthquake damage needs a day that is rainy and he cannot be persuaded to work inside the house on a sunny day. So I am looking for a rainy day. The first one has been designated as earthquake damage repair day. Now you know where Lee & I will be the next time it rains.

3 comments:

Ronda said...

You are blogging away these days! I am having a hard time keeping up with you! ha! (I need to find out how to be notified when a new post comes up...)You should have a column in the newspaper...a hilarious story one! You always make me smile with your fun descriptions! Hope you are having a good day! I refuse to pray for rain for you...I am loving the sun! (smile)

My Big Brown Opinion said...

I think I'd hide the golf cart key until the light got fixed, but that's just me!

Bette said...

Good idea, but I won't tell him. He thinks you are on his side - something about men sticking together....bette