Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Half Free

I have been using the crutches and (foot) air cast for the past two weeks. Yuck, maybe even double yuck!!!! At any rate, I saw the doctor yesterday for a repeat x-ray to see how much healing has taken place.

Bad News - Good News. The good news is the best - no more crutches!!! I cannot express how free that makes me feel. It is still somewhat of a trial to walk with this larger than life foot, but oh how free I feel - NO more crutches. Guess maybe you get the idea I really didn't like the crutches.

Now for the bad news. The fracture is the same as it was two weeks ago. My doctor says this type of fracture takes a looong time to heal. He wouldn't give me any guesses as to how looong. But I am content to wait for that healing, because now I am walking on two feet again.

I am Thanking the Lord this morning for the fact that I am free of half of my assistive devices!

3 comments:

Ronda said...

Yeah! I am happy that you don't have to use the crutches anymore..they don't even LOOK fun!(You were a good sport to get out and about with them!) Hopefully your foot will continue to heal! Hope that you enjoy this beautiful day! Hang in there!

The Going Blog said...

That is good/bad news. Will you have to have physical therapy after the healing? It doesn't look like I will see you this evening. David has several meetings :-( Be good and take it easy while you have a good reason.

My Big Brown Opinion said...

That's great news, but be sure to take it easy still. I'd hate to see you re-injure your foot and have to go back to crutches!