Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Snow

A friend of mine who resides in sunny Florida mentioned "playing in the snow". We were not able to do that this year. She is correct - it wasn't a White Christmas in Indiana this year. I thought about that and after reading some e-mail I realized our Green Christmas wasn't all bad.

We had a beautiful, warmish day. Warm for winter, no snow and I enjoyed it. Where Lee is from in New Hampshire they have had 86" of snow this winter and they still have 36" on the ground. That is what I would call a WHITE Christmas. So I am thanking God for the Green Christmas I had in Indiana this year 2007!

Looking through my Christmas tree and the front window, seeing green lawn is just fine with me. Looks good, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Hi,Bette! This is the first time I have taken the time to check out blogs for awhile and I certainly had alot of "catching up" to do on yours! You do such a great job of keeping things current! Loved the baby room...It is beautiful and looks so inviting for a little baby girl....how exciting! Enjoyed the caroling comments...and those cookies you passed out were delicious! I thought that was so neat about the poems...I am thinking that Lee must have been a "romantic" all those years ago!(smile)Nice poem that you posted!I personally like snow for Christmas, but it was a gorgeaus day and we had a wonderful time with family. Now on to another year!!!! May yours be blessed! Thanks for being you!

Bette said...

Ronda, Thank you for all the kind comments. I have found I reaally like blogging, even if nobody ever read it. But hearing from you made my day brighter. It has been just a tad bit dim today. Thanks for being a good friend....bette

My Big Brown Opinion said...

Maybe I'm just too young or crazy or something, but I actually like snow and wished we would have had a white Christmas.

Bette said...

Yeah Brent, I think it is because you are young. Enjoy it while you can. I liked when I was young also. So it must be an old thing....bette