Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Poetry

More than 47 years ago when we lived in Quincy, Massachusetts I would find a poem from my husband each and every day when I came home from work. Sometimes he would leave me a poem when he went to school, sometimes it would be left when he went to work.

It has been many years since I have regularly found poems from my husband. Today being Christmas 2007, I received a poem under the Christmas tree along with my gifts. I am ending this Christmas Day sharing this poem with you.

Christmas Time
~~~2007~~~
To: Scamper

Time flies by, but where does it go?
Nobody really seems to know.
Grabbing this moment for what it is worth,
Let us celebrate the day of Christs' birth.
And as we share our gifts of love,
We'll remember God's gift from above.
Let us, you and I together
Be thankful today, for His love!
Merry Christmas with love,
Rob

3 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Love the new book quote. Sounds like Lee was a Romeo in the day :) How fun! I hope you kept those.
I'm the only one up this morning in this cabin because I have a cough I can't shake :(

LindaJo49 said...

How neat!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!! My dad was pretty lonely -- my mind went back to those Christmases on 12th Street! And playing in the snow!!!

Bette said...

Martha....I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully you will get better & be able to enjoy your vacation to the fullest...bette

Linda...I remember 12th Street as well. But I didn't like playing in the snow, even then. And I reaaaly don't like it now.