Now we are counting down to the 2007 celebration, and after much deliberation, e-mails back and forth, questions, answers and more questions and answers we are almost there.
The original notice came out....
"Hello Everyone, Wow, what a change in the weather! That can only mean one thing, it is close to Christmas. So now comes the task at hand of deciding when and what time to have our family get together. This year we are going to Derek and Lana's. (Thank you guys)".........and then it ends with "If you could let me know what day & time that works for you, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Well, I thought that was fairly precise and organized - made an organized (or mostly organized ) Mother feel good.
But not for my boys. Whoever is responsible for any multiple e-mails regarding this simple request will remain nameless.
Responses came in and the date seemed to be set for the 15th.....then we receive an e-mail reading....
"Not sure what I missed, but when did the family have people in it named: BEAN & BUGGSIE?? I will bring all the jelly beans! See you on the 8th!"
Then we heard.....
"First of all they are very important people to me! Second, jelly beans for a meal? Yum! And third, I hope Derek & Lana are home for you on the 8th!"'
Answer????
"Who are these people that are important to you?? And why can't I send emails to Bryce, Brett & whoever BMTowle is?? All three came back undeliverable! I know Brett has changed his so that might be why for him, but not on the other two. Jelly beans are the best! I think I might give them to Izzy right after she can start having real food! And why wouldn't they (Derek & Lana, I guess) be home on the 8th?? We are having dinner there on the 8th, aren't we!"
Back came an answer to that missive....
"Bean is Jayde & Buggsie is Cindy. I don't have a new email for Brett (OK now I do) and I can't send to Bryce or Brendon (aka BMTOWLE) either. I'm sure Izzy's mother will have something to say about that... (the jelly beans) ... We're all meeting on the 15th...Nice try!"
Now everyone can understand why this mother of 4 is getting gray hair and looks older than her 65 years. Even when Realage.com says she is only 57.8 (but that is another story)
The last answer arrived soon after and this Towle mother breathed a sigh of relief....
"We are having Christmas on the 15th for everyone but Nathan. He is celebrating it on the 8th. His wife is coming on the 15th because she is bringing mashed potatoes & a dessert. (You know one of your sons has to be a jokester" (ONLY ONE, ?... bft ) the email continued...." I am assuming he will have talked to his wife and will be attending on the 15th with the rest of us. So to recap, we are having Christmas at Derek & Lana's on Saturday, December 15th at 1:00pm. Names have been drawn for the 3rd generation. And the menu is well under way. See you then!"
As you can see here, my Christmas tree is finally up and we are enjoying it on these cold December evenings. We have a date for our Celebration.4-6" of snow fell overnight last night and we are now a "Winter wonderland in Indiana" (that is even though I did not order any snow this year)

It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas and the Towle's are ready to celebrate at Derek and Lana's on the 15th of December.
I feel so much better. It is so exhausting sometimes to be the mother of three Towle boys! "Just Kidding" - All four of the Towle kids and their families are the delight of my life.
1 comment:
I still think jelly beans would be the best christmas meal ever.
Just wait, Izzy and I will be eating them all the time.
Merry Christmas from Izzy's Dad!
Post a Comment