Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vans, Trucks or Cars - Which is best?

We normally drive a mini-van. This Chrysler van has served us well. I feel comfortable driving it and generally it fits our need completely.

Two days ago, we went out to go to church and the van wouldn't start. That is not a "good thing".


And a red mini-van going down the driveway attached to a wrecker is definitely NOT a good thing!!


Derek owns a small white pickup that Lana's Dad gave to them a few years ago. When the mini-van died - I thought - I'll call Derek. Maybe we can use his truck. I called, Derek's answer was yes and we started using the white pickup.

I went to the hospital on Monday for a physical therapy session and parking at the hospital, the white pickup responded by letting off clouds of steam or smoke - but something blowing out from under the hood. and that is not a good thing.

I called Derek. Isn't it wonderful that cell phones were invented. If not, I would have had a problem talking to Derek at the Police Dept while walking into my therapy session for which I was approximately 3 minutes late. Derek said he would come by the hospital on his way home at 3PM and check out the smoke or steam emitting from the white pickup.

After my therapy, the engine had cooled down, Derek added some anti-freeze-water mixture to it and told me to drive to his house. I did and when I parked the truck - plumes (not just clouds - but plumes) of smoke, steam or whatever was the answer to my drive from the hospital to Cranberry. Worse than what I saw originally at the hospital.



Plumes or clouds of smoke coming out from under the hood
of a small white truck is definitely NOT a "good thing"!


So since my friend Dorris Leonard had offered the use of her car to me while repairs are being completed, I called her and now we are driving a car. This is the third vehicle for my hands to pilot around town in as many days.


A "car" sitting in my driveway, functioning as vehicles are suppose to function and ready for me whenever I need to use it is definitely a "Good Thing"!



I guess the moral of this little story is vans, trucks or cars - which is best???? I haven't been very successful with vans and trucks. so for this week in my life "Cars are Best!!!

No comments: