In my last post of "House Painting", I called Lee the 'blind man' and myself the 'old lady'. I guess what I would call myself doesn't really matter as much as what I might say about Lee or anyone else.
Calling Lee the 'blind man' in many ways for me is such a compliment. Lee hasn't had eyesight for over 13 years now, but you would never know it the way he continues to live his life to the fullest and I am so very proud of him. He has accomplished so many things since losing his eyesight and is a constant inspiration to me. When I think I can't stand the pain I have any more, I think of my Lee and I realize, I must - because I can see the beautiful things God gives us every day.
One day Lee said to me 'Bette do you realize that I have never seen any of our grand children's faces except Kirstin, Brendon & Cindy when she was only a few months old". Wow - what a wake up call.
Back to calling him the 'blind man' - he lives, accomplishes things and conducts himself as if everything is normal and I affectionately say "That is really good for a Blind Man".....that's my Lee, the 'blind man'.
1 comment:
I couldn't have said it any better!
He is an AMAZING MAN!!!!
Post a Comment