Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Planning a Scrapbook!

I have had a really fun day today. As some of you know, I made a scrapbook for my son when he ran for political office year before last. That was a very rewarding activity and I found myself hooked on scrappin'.

Somehow being hooked and being good at something doesn't always go hand in hand. I am planning a scrapbook of my granddaughter Paige regarding her recent surgery & hospital visit. With 144 plus photos to work with - I was in a panic. So I asked for help.

My friend at church, Martha Going who encouraged me regarding scrapbooking during the Derek scrapbook was good enough when I explained my problem to offer to help me. I spent the late morning and part of the afternoon at her home going through pictures - many, many, pictures - and making sense out of it all. Martha was an absolute jewel. I don't know how to thank her enough for all her help.

While Martha was sorting pictures, I was able to play with her girls. They are both sweethearts, Sarah Brooke and Ashley. Check out how sweet they both are. Thanks Martha, Sarah Brooke and Ashely. Martha had to leave for a few minutes to go pick up David. While she was gone, Ashley sh0wed me some of her smiles. This is one in the above picture.

Before I left, Sarah posed for me here on the left. Aren't they both the most beautiful girls.

2 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Your coming over made 3 of us very happy! I do believe the girls were very comfortable with you. You are a good friend to me and it was the least I could do for you.

Ronda said...

Sounds like you all had alot of fun...that is so nice and yes, the girls ARE beautiful! Can't wait to see the end result...