Saturday, May 3, 2008

Archiver's visit


I received my Mother's Day gift from Leanne, Jay and Jayde. I was very excited and absolutely stunned when Leanne & Jayde came out last weekend to give me my Mother's Day gift announcement.

Leanne wrote a poem for me announcing what my gift for Mother's Day 2008 would be.......

Happy Mother's Day!

A gift for Mother had to be found,
We looked and we looked all around.
We searched with our eyes of brown.
We couldn't find anything so our face was a frown.
Oh what could it be, what would she like?
We didn't know - a new bike?
That wouldn't work, she walked with a cast.
The perfect gift was found at last.
A letter that came in the mail to Leanne.
Yes, that's the gift, now here is the plan.
A trip to Archiver's we must go.
Yes we are we will not accept NO!
You can go there and look and look.
Hundreds of items you can buy to scrapbook.
So this is the plan, you pick the day.
Love, Leanne, Jayde and Jay!

Well today was the day and Leanne, Jayde and Kirstin took me to Archiver's on Southport Rd. What a fun, fun place. I made a free card while I was there. And I found an album, supplies for the album, and many, many embellishments to make future scrapbooking pages and cards extra special.

A bag full of treasures went home with each one of us. What fun! Now we are thinking about planning a scrapbooking day for us sometime soon!

Check out Jayde, Leanne & Kirstin! This has been a very exciting loving day for me spent with my daughter and two of my granddaughters doing something we all like very much!

We ate lunch at Steak & Shake before coming home. I had the most enjoyable morning, I don't have the right words to tell my joy. All I can say is Thank you from deep inside for all you did for me this Mother's Day,

2 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Oh Betty, I'm so happy for you. A Mother's heart sometimes really needs a poem or a shopping trip with favorite people don't they.

Ronda said...

That was so sweet of them and I am happy that you were able to share such a "special" day! Sounds like ya'll had lots of fun...See ya tonight!