Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good News - Bad News

Good Sunday morning to all my family and friends. Hope you will be able to enjoy this sunny, warm Sunday in May.

The good news first. Hopefully you will be happy with my good news and remember me kindly when I relate the bad news.

You know we live sort of in the country. Of course I suppose some of the things of nature that happen to us happen to those of you in the city. But being this old Royal Oak Michigan city girl, I think of these things only happening in the country.

Well out my front window I observed a visitor in the yard. It could only be Peter chomping away. Lee has not put his garden in therefore - Peter picked the one side of the yard still in renovation and not much grass available, but he seemed content and happy to be there as you can see.

I was truly pleased to see Peter, since Lee has blamed me for the problem on the other side of the yard. We will never know who deposited eggs behind the evergreen. It seems the momma of those eggs has disappeared.

Lee says I probably scared her beyond her ability to cope. You see when I mow, I am within less than 5 inches of her nest. She has left - never to return it appears. Now 6 days later after we first observed the eggs - there isn't any mother. I keep checking. I can see behind the evergreen from the front door, and I have looked and looked. There hasn't been one goose or one duck, so I think she is gone.

I feel bad, but I didn't know she was there.

Someone suggested that I use the eggs for crafting purposes. I'm not sure about that. Anyway, I thought I would let you know the latest developments in "What's behind the Evergreen".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed you all at church today. Hope you have a wonderful week!
_Kristen