My interest started way before I had a son who is a Firefighter. Many years ago, I worked as the secretary to the Physician for the Indianapolis Fire Department at that time. That was a very interesting job. Now to the story of "Burning a House"

This past Saturday, GFD was scheduled to burn a house in Hancock County. The owner donated the house to the Fire Department for training purposes. My Brett was one of the inside training instructors. Therefore I haaaad to go observe and get some pictures. This was the house prior to burning.

It was an interesting observation - watching my son don his fire gear and get ready to fight a fire. All 65+ lbs. of equipment on his body.
My Brett and I during one of his breaks. Christy and I took Cindy, Klaudia & Parker to watch. Joining us were a couple of school friends of the kids.
Below check out some of the pictures I took.
![]() |
| GFD - Training Burn |

3 comments:
Very interesting, Bette! It must be amazing to see what your kids grow up "to be"! How neat (and scary) that you have a "fire-fighter and starter" in your family! Cade is now saying that he wants to be a "fighter pilot"! Should I be worried yet? Cool post! Hope that you are having a good day...
Could be a concern! Brett was just 4 1/2 when he first said he was going to be a firefighter. 43 years later he is one!...bette
Hey Bette,
I was reading Linda's blog and she had yours listed. So here I am reading your blog at my desk this morning. Sounds like a fun reunion is coming soon. I'll write more later when I have time. Just wanted to say hi.
Marilyn (Cook) Darnell
Post a Comment