Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Those Wonderful Grandchildren

Some of the Grands came to visit us the other day. I bowled several games with all of them and Brendon assisted me in making my very own personal Mii. I bowled mostly to spend time with my grandchildren, but also to prove I can keep up with the Queen of England. I read recently where she has taken over Prince Williams' Christmas gift - a Wiii - and bowling is her favorite game. She is 83 (I think) , so I guess I have a lot of bowling in my future to keep up with her. But ......

While the older ones continued to play in the living room, I went into the kitchen to make some strawberry jam. I had one little one who wanted to help. We pulled up a stool and Paige assisted Grammy in making jam. Or to be more correct - Grammy assisted Paige and she did a great job.

Grandchildren are so much fun. Fun to play with and fun to cook with.

6 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Wow! I thought making jam was a huge process. When your good at something I guess it isn't that big of a deal. I'm sure the kids enjoyed your skill at bowling. That is really cool to have something like that to do with the older ones. Aren't they fun to listen to and be around?

My Big Brown Opinion said...

That bowling is fun. Isn't technology great!

Ronda said...

My word! I am impressed,Mrs. Bette! Sounds like you are an awesome ""Grandma"! Good for you!Bowling AND making jam!(I thought that you had to make strawberry jam in June...I was very busy that month and was so upset that I didn't get to make any! ha! Who knew it could be made in Jan.?)

Anonymous said...

hELLO

LindaJo49 said...

I feel old!! It seems like just yesterday that Leanne was just a little girl. Even though I know this one is not hers, it just reminded me of years gone by. Remember when Brett prayed for the peas??!!

Bette said...

Thanks for the memory Linda. I had forgotten about the prayer for the peas. I laughed again. I am so sure that 40 years later he is praying for something other than the peas....bette