Sunday, August 22, 2010

When it Rains, It Pours !!!

Recently I went to my family doctor regarding the constant cramping I have in my left leg. He says he thinks it is muscle spasms. Well that is good! What is the cure - or is there one. He decided to send me to physical therapy for some exercises that should help. Key word there is "should". No guarantee! But I'm open to trying!

So I went for my first visit and evaluation this past Thursday. She ran me through all the exercises she decided should help me and sent me home at 5PM. Since my car was in the shop getting new brakes, Derek had taken me to work. I walked to the hospital after school for my appointment and Derek then picked me up at the hospital to take me to the car repair shop to pay for and get my car.

When I arrived home, Lee decided we should go out for supper since it was already almost 6PM. That was good - since he knows I HATE to cook. Therefore it was too late to start the exercises that night.

Friday I did half the exercises in the morning and that evening I got all the necessary and needed items to complete the exercise routine and sat down to do them. I can only assume I was tooooooo vigorous in my execution of the exercise.

Saturday morning I woke up with my left foot swollen, and EXTREMELY painful to walk on. I put on hard sole tennis shoes to go do my weekly shopping, but had constant pain with every step. When 9AM came, I decided I better go get it x-rayed. Sure enough - it is fractured. Yuck!!

I will be seeing the doctor again tomorrow morning - am wearing a cast boot at this time. This is not a fun thing - I am no longer laughing. Well sort of not. It is too funny not to laugh. Oh my goodness, when it rains, it pours...I guess that is all I can say.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

SO sorry, Bette...Will be praying for you this week!