Dr. O'Connor: "When did you break this foot"
Me: "Friday night I guess"
Dr. O'Connor: "Well the Radiologist reads it as a two to three month old fracture"
Key word there "old". Hmmmm...maybe that is why my foot has hurt so bad for so long to take even one step without shoes on.
So I guess I have been walking around on a fractured foot for 2 - 3 months. And of course, it is partially healed. Anyway - long story, short I was sent to see Dr. Elliott that afternoon. He is the foot specialist. He decided that the amount of healing that has already taken place shows that I will not have to wear the cast boot. YEA in capital letters. I really hate that cast boot. That is the good news!

The bad news is that I have to wear an ugly black ankle, foot brace. Well it isn't quite as ugly as the foot brace - so that is good news, but it is ugly. The bad news I guess is that I have a fractured foot.
It is hard to say which is uglier~both are horrible, wouldn't you agree???!!!!
One other thing, the boot is the old one I had to wear 2 years ago on my right foot when it was broken, at least the brace is new!
Well, I am mixed up as to what the good news is, and what the bad news is. But I do know I am now in this brace for the next month until I go see Dr. Elliott for a repeat x-ray.
Maybe that is a good side effect of fibromyalgia - I hurt, and I can't tell what the hurt is from, so I just keep going on and eventually it all works out. Sounds reasonable to me!!! Have a good week - I am NOT in the cast boot. Yea!!
No comments:
Post a Comment