Sunday, October 26, 2008

This week at 3216! - Part 2

I'm back for part 2 of This week!

We had company at 3216 one day & night this week. An old friend of ours, John Copeland visited with us. John recently lost his wife Mary. She had suffered for a long time, but that doesn't make her passing any easier. But John is doing a great job of acceptance for what has happened.

We went to Bible School with John and Mary and were friends when out first children were born, our Brett on Nov. 18th and their Sharon on Nov. 23rd. Mary was excited because her baby was due two weeks before mine was and then it turned out, my Brett was born 3 weeks early. That made me happy and Mary not so glad, until it was all over and we had two healthy babies. That was almost 45 years ago, so John is a an old friend of ours. It was wonderful to spend those hours he was here with him.

With John came his little friend, Alabama. I tried to tell John that was too big a name for a little dog and I called her Ally. She responded more quickly to John's "Alabama" and Lee's "whistle", but I continued to call her Ally. I told Lee. If I ever have a dog again, I will only be happy if I have one as well behaved as little Miss Alabama. Check her out as she is sleeping in her bed.


Lee says we have to mow this 2 1/2 acres one more time, well 2 1/2 except where the house and the shop are, but a lot of area to mow when the wind is blowing and the temperature is hovering around that cold 40 - 50 degrees. Since my back has been hurting, Lee has been a sweetheart and has mowed some of the regular part that we always considered Bette's mowing. Maybe it won't be too bad. By the time I get home from school, it is usually 3PM and that is close to the warmest part of the day. We can only hope that will happen when he says it is the day to mow.

So there you have it folks, another boring 7 days at 3216!

3 comments:

LindaJo49 said...

I am so glad John came to visit you. I can't imagine John without Mary! We had seen them a few years ago in Colorado and it was just like old times!! They reminded me I had been in their wedding as a candlelighter! Always love your updates!! You need to write a book someday -- when you have time. HA!! After the mowing is done. lol!

The Going Blog said...

Glad you made it out this morning. You are a trooper! Tonight Pastor Mike spoke about faith being the hand reaching up to the One who sees all sides of the mountain. Very good stuff that I needed to hear again!!

Anonymous said...

grandmother i was not aware of this dog at your home.
im quite upset