Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bette's Irises

Many years ago, (probably about 8), I had the most beautiful bed of purple irises and I absolutely loved spring knowing my irises would soon be blooming. You can see how beautiful they were. Key word here - WERE.

My loving husband, AKA Lee, decided he wanted to redo the front yard and my irises had to go. I sort of threw a little fit - I wanted to keep my beautiful flowers, so Lee consulted with one of my sons. They decided to move them to the back of the garden. Lee promised me they would find a new home the next spring. So sighing a lot, I agreed.

The next spring I had gone to the store one afternoon and when I came home Lee and the neighbor were plowing the garden. I yelled "Oh, NO - my flowers". Yeah, they were plowed under never to be seen again.

The years rolled by and I missed my Irises more each year. Finally I decided it had been long enough. My beautiful granddaughter, Paige, was selling items for a school fund raiser and there they were - a package of Irises. I immediately bought them and informed my aforementioned husband he better find a place to plant them. Here he is planting them.
The place he decided to plant them may not be the most perfect place, but I will once again enjoy my irises again in the spring.

I am now looking forward to the spring of 2009 and seeing beautiful irises.

2 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Lucky you! I never plan that far ahead so I will have to come visit yours :-) I missed catching up with you yesterday. Are you doing alright?

Ronda said...

Hope that you will have your beautiful "irises" again! :) As the weather gets more fall-like....You have reminded us of warmer days and as always~brought a smile to my face with your great sense of humor! :) Hope that you are having a good week!