Recently my two oldest granddaughters have found out they like,(really LIKE hockey - Indianapolis Ice type of hockey. Leanne was kind enough to inform the girls that their Gram might be someone that would take them to a hockey game sometime. Thank you, Leanne. Jay and Leanne took them one night, so I think she thought she should share the joy......
That day arrived and I attended a hockey game for the 1st time in 26+ years - just for my granddaughters. Unfortunately Cindy was unable to attend that night. But Gram took Kirstin and Lauren, her friend and we headed to the Pepsi Coliseum at the Fair Grounds to attend the hockey game. Well that was an experience! I'm still in shock that I stayed up that late, followed two teenage girls around snapping pictures for them (I didn't even know I could do that kind of stuff anymore), came home and went to bed so tired I felt like I had aged at least those 26+ years that I previously mentioned.
If you have time check out the pictures. Thankfully the grandmother was the one snapping pictures, so none were taken of this 'very old looking, extremely tired, haggard grandmother escorting these young ladies.
![]() |
| A Hockey Game |

4 comments:
Wow, I didn't know you were such a fan! I'm a bit too young to remember the Racers or Checkers but I've been to my share of Ice games over the years.
Did you ever get to see Wayne Gretzky play in person?
I did. He was good. They still have a Gretzky banner hanging in the Coliseum which really surprised me. I even made a picture of that to show Lee, but didn't add it to my picture of the girls. The game was really fun, but tiring. I should have had a driver, then I could have slept on the way home....bette
MY NAME IS NOT KIRSTINE GRANDMOTHER. It is kirstin not spelled with an E!!!!
Sorry, ...Kirstin... - I typed it 6 times in that post and only misspelled it once. Be gentle with the Gram....I love you Kirstin...Your Gram
Post a Comment