Friday, February 1, 2008

Here I am - and all is well....

It has been some time since I last posted and even though I check every day to see if my friends have posted and read theirs....Oh, my goodness gracious....I am so lacking in my very own posting - - - - I really hate to admit it. But the secret is out. I'm moving slower after that BIG number birthday last summer.

All of that being said. I was inspired at Christmas 2007 by a very dear friend of mine, Martha who helped introduce me to Scrapbooking last summer. I am not very good, but I do like doing it. Every bit of it....what fun. Wish I had known about it when my children were small. Oh well, that means I have 44 years of pictures to scrap to catch up.

This is what was my inspiration this past Christmas looked like. Isn't Martha clever and so very talented. I was so impressed! I decided I want to scrap my cards for Christmas 2008. But I am definitely not as exceptionally gifted as my friend. So when I found a Greeting Card Project Pack - named "Boughs of Holly", I thought hmmmm....with help I just might be able to pull this off. So I have been making Christmas cards along with spring house cleaning this month, and like I mentioned - I'm slow. Therefore I haven't been posting any blogs. Not that there was much to blog, but I guess I can always find something to talk about. And some might even find it interesting. That is part of the fun of blogging!

You can check out the picture below for some of the cards I have managed to create so far. If I do all 70 that I usually send out, I have to keep busy every month of the year doing some, or who knows it could take 2 years to finish the cards for 2008. By then - who would care? Yeah - that's what I thought....Nobody! So hopefully I will manage my time better in the next few months and find time to blog as well as my scrapbooking, errr - scrap carding!

Bette's 2008 Christmas Cards.........so far

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Wow! Martha did inspire you, didn't she? So that's where you have been! You are doing a fabulous job on the cards...I tried to pick which one that I would like to recieve...but they are all very pretty!(smile) Good job! Looks like you are having a great time!

Bette said...

Ronda, I know you are happy to know I am among the land of the living. See you tomorrow....bette

The Going Blog said...

I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarassed... I love that I have brought out the scrapbooking that was always inside you :) but I never see my handmade things as show worthy. I have fun making them then I cringe and give them out or show them :) I need Paige's confidence. ha

Bette said...

Your creative side is wonderful. And you very definitely should be proud of the creative gift you have. And thank you for giving me the confidence I lack. You are right about Paige, but aren't all 5yr old's confident little people. I think so. Thanks, Martha and see you in the morning....bette