Whenever they are gone and I know Lee will be taking care of the horses, I still get a little nervous. Several years ago, actually probably 6-8 years ago, Lee was taking care of the animals and was changing a horse from the field to the barn. The weather had changed and he needed to bring her inside. I was sitting outside the barn in the truck and happened to notice the blur of a big brown horse running behind the truck and heading east as fast as she could go. Whoa! I knew something was wrong. Lee came out of the barn faster than I have seen him move in years, I jumped out of the truck and started running with my cane (this was before knee replacements) and Dell from across the street came running. Everyone was trying to get Molly running toward the barn. She went south and back around the house. Lee yelled at me to take the truck and block the north end of the field behind the barn. I made it back to the truck, backed up so she couldn't go past and fortunately she rounded the barn - realized she couldn't escape anymore and went into the barn. When Lee went in, she looked at him like "Where have yooooou been?
Well that episode ended well - I really don't think Lee ever told anyone, so the owners still think he is capable of taking care of their animals. But I digress from this weekend, which is really my story.
He didn't have to move any horses and Jewell is very well behaved and he makes Jewell's son Bandit think he is boss, so Bandit behaves, and it was a successful horse weekend.
Check out the pictures of Lee, Jewell, Bandit and Libby, the dog!
![]() |
| Horse Sitting Duty |

1 comment:
My sister goes every weekend and volunteers at a ranch just to get to be with the horses. She can now lead the rides for the owners. I'm glad everything went smoothly for Lee.
Post a Comment