Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bette's Stadium Chair

I love going to football games and watching my Grandson's play football. I really don't like sitting on the bleachers. Last year the G-CHS Booster Club were selling stadium seats. They are extremely comfortable for sitting at a football game. So I purchased one. I thought I was being quite an intelligent, informed Grandmother.

Well.....carrying it from the car to the bleacher is not FUN. I weighed it thinking it must be enormously heavy - only 7.5 pounds. But my story is that it must weigh 24 pounds, and I am sticking to that story.


So what to do....I found a shoulder strap that would work perfectly if only I could attach it to the seat without it looking dorky. I took the seat and the unattached strap to Lee's shop and left it on the workbench as you can see.



I didn't see the man of the shop immediately, so I went looking for him, told him what I needed and where to find the product and came back inside. A little while later in came my stadium seat with a shoulder strap and I will tell you, that 24lbs. doesn't feel at all heavy over my shoulder and behind my back. It probably feels more like 7.5 lbs. Doesn't it look good? I am one happy Grandmother.

I don't think it looks dorky, but if it does don't tell me. I would rather remain happy with my results. Now I can sit in comfort on the bleachers and enjoy watching my Grandson's as they play football.

1 comment:

The Going Blog said...

All the other Grandmas out there are going to be so jealous. Mr Fix it is pretty awesome and his work shop is amazing. Really!