Monday, July 28, 2008

"Stay at home Mom?"

This past Saturday, I went out to weed the Oak Grove flower bed. Several years ago, Lee and I started naming our different flower beds. There is the Cape Cod, the Park, the Oak Grove , the Cemetery Plot, the Swing Park, the South Grass Garden Beds, the Deck flower beds, the North flower bed, and the Towle front yards.

So now that you know more about 3216 than you ever thought you wanted to know, on with the story.

When we had our Towle Family Day in June, a lot of the pictures that were made were taken on Lee's rock wall in the Oak Grove park. Unfortunately some of the wall became unstable and when Lee started to push the rocks back, many started to tumble down on the hosta's in that area as you can see in this picture.

Lee then had to get serious about rock wall repair. After he was finally able to get the wall to stand up straight again, we finished weeding the entire area. We collected almost a couple of buckets full of weeds.


Now Lee is happy again - here he is putting the last rock in - and the rock wall is standing straight again.


He made a comment to me after we had finished the Cemetery Plot, and the Cape Cod, that after I find a job and go to work, he will have to be the ~ "Stay at home Mom" ~



That is sooooo right, but I was quick to remind him that the "Stay at home Mom" would be responsible for keeping the flower beds looking good. When he readily agreed, I decided it is time for me to get serious about finding a job and let Lee be the "Stay at home Mom"!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Love the humor that you bring into your lives...love that you "named" your flower beds and love that we have the privilege of knowing you and Lee! You are a great couple!(And Lee will make a perfect "stay at home Mom"! :) )

The Going Blog said...

The oak grove is my favorite. Your whole yard is so peaceful. Somehow I see you just adding to your list of things to do when you find a job. I think the "stay at home Mom" is going to miss you more than he realizes.